Saturday, June 4, 2011

X-Men First Class June 3, 2011

On the night of June 2nd I went to the midnight premiere for the movie X-Men First Class with Tally, my mom, and my sister.

 The movie was really good. It was neat to go back in the past but it was sad at the end when Magneto went bad and when Professor X lost his feeling in his legs. I know you're thinking, but you've already seen the other movies so you knew it was going to happen, my come back is that yes, but I didn't know it would happen then! There were two things I didn't know before this movie, first of all Mystique and Professor X, Raven and Charles used to be amazing friends, and she's older than I thought she was. Though it was weird to see these characters in their youger forms I liked figuring how everything ended up where we began.

So that was neat. Something that did catch me off guard though is while I was waiting for the credits to end to see if there was any footage at the end (like in Thor, or Iron Man 2) when JENNIFER LAWRENCE came on screen. WHAT! I was very excited, because in case you didn't know Jennifer Lawrence will be playing Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games (March 23, 2011), and I had never seen her in a movie before then when I didn't know it. I looked up her role and was pleased to discover that she was Mystique/Raven who had been a very good character.



 


And I noticed that I had seen the actor who played Charles Xavier, Professor X, previously. He had played as Tom Lefroy in the movie Becoming Jane. His name is James McAvoy. He was a great actor for Charles Xavier and filled the role well. One thing though is that he looked much younger than he was, about 31.

James in Becoming Jane.
Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) playing chess with  Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender.) If you're a fan of the X-Men movies go see this as soon as possible if not watch all the rest, then go see it.

2 comments: